Keep Yourself Safe
ATMs are a quick and easy way to withdraw cash or make transactions between your accounts. The MoneyPass ATM network has thousands of locations where you live, work and travel. Wherever you use your Eaton Federal ATM card, you can protect yourself and your money by remembering these important safety tips.
During the Transaction
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM..
- Take a friend with you - especially at night.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Shield the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount.
- Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside.
- When using a drive-up ATM, make sure all passenger car doors are locked and windows are up.
- Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM.
- While many ATMs are available 24 hours a day, some may be open only during local business hours. To be on the safe side, plan your withdrawals ahead of time.
- Check with your financial institution to determine what the daily limit of funds that can be withdrawn from your account is.
Protecting Your Card
- Keep your card in a safe place to avoid damage.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write the PIN down on anything in your wallet or on the card itself.
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers and letters that relate to your personal information. For example, don't use your initials, birthday, telephone or Social Security number. If you have such a number, contact your bank and get a new PIN issued.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card to our dispute processing center at (866) 987-1457.
- To help guard against fraud, keep your ATM receipts until you check them against your monthly statement.